Mobidentica is a mobile client for laconi.ca based micro bloggin services like identi.ca. Identi.ca is a microblogging service like Twitter, where users can post short (max 140 character) status updates. Mobidentica is written in Java, so it can be run on phones that support J2ME MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0.
With current version you can update your status and browse your replies, public timeline etc.
You can’t login with OpenID account so you’ll have to use your plain username and password.
Mobidentica running on Nokia E71:
Screenshots from emulator:
Download these files to your mobile phone. Usually it is enough to download the JAR file.
Source code is also available under the Apache License 2.0
- git clone git://github.com/tlaukkanen/mobidentica.git
v1.2 – May 31st, 2009
- Improved line wrapping
- Activate the menu additionally with star or pound keys (should now work also on Blackberry)
- Fixed status date handling
v1.1 – March 20th, 2009
- Support for all Laconi.ca based services
- Configurable service URL
v1.0 – March 14th, 2009
- First release
- Following views
- Public Timeline
- Direct Notices
- Open post in phone browser
- Open link in post in phone browser