When I crafted the Mobile Task Manager application this summer I didn’t expect it to have that good response in community. It was even mentioned in many blogs like Nokia Mobile Talk and even reviewed on one of my favorite Symbian sites, all about symbian.com, by Ewan Spence. Ewan pointed out good ideas how application could be improved to be even better GTD application for mobile phones.
Last week I miraculously had few spare hours here and there and I was able to improve this app a little based on feedback written on the application page and based on Ewan’s review. Today I’m able to release the version 1.2 of the Mobile Task Manager with the following new features:
- You can prioritize todo items (none, low, normal, high)
- Priority shown as flags (none, green, yellow, red)
- Priority can be changed from item view (left/right key)
- …or straight from item list with ’0′ shortcut key
- You can sort items by name, done-status or priority
- Import items from text file or CSV file
- FIX: pressing ’3′ causes the item below the one highlighted to open up for editing
- FIX: “Delete selected” will not delete the last entry on a folder
- FIX: pressing ’9′ does not work for quick note editing
Unfortunately I had to rename the JAR file in this release as it previously contained the version number so you can’t update your existing instance. From now on I’m keeping the same name (MobileGtd.jar) so future releases are going to update the existing installation. You can download the binaries (JAR/JAD files) from here.
Mobile Task Manager is still open source so if you like to check out the code you can do so in here.
New release of Twim is once again out of the door.
Now you can post photos from Twim to Twitgoo
With the latest version (v1.11) you will gain the following new features:
- Twitgoo support. Now you can take a photo and send it directly to Twitgoo service.
- Retweet feature fills up the status update box with the selected tweet.
- Clock is shown in the bottom of the menu screen so you know what time it is even if you Tweet with Twim 24/7.
Download the latest version from Twim page here. Tweet me (@tlaukkanen) if you like the new features :)
For the next versions I have planned on implementing an option to upload existing photos from your memory card as then you will have much more higher quality photos to upload to TwitPic and Twitgoo. This is because Java MMAPI doesn’t let application to take full resolution pics within Java application for unknown reasons.
It took a while to make this release. There was some kinky issues with the S40 devices which caused them to crash on NoMethodFoundException (Issue 145). Release notes for v1.14:
WGS84 coordinates with degrees and minutes
Splash screen with new logo
- New logo and icon (Thanks Ash)
- Improved MapCache initialization time
- Fixed information screen scrolling
- Splash screen hang fix (Issue 106)
- WGS84 coordinates in degrees and minutes (Issue 162, Thanks Marco van Eck)
- Fixed NullPointerException, NoMethodFoundException with S40 devices (Issue 145, 164)
- NoSuchFieldError fixed (Issue 166)
- Added decimal check to calculate time form (Issue 167)
- Multiple formats for audio recording
- …plus other minor fixes and features
Download binaries from here. Download source code from Google Code, here. Enter your issues here. Discuss about features and problems here.
Here is my first software release for the year 2009. I just updated Twim client with the following new features:
- Show direct messages
- You can use unicode characters in your status updates
- You can easily send direct messages from the menu
So if you are a Twitter fan then head yourself for example to Phoload page and download the latest release. While you are there, please rate the application :) Have a good year of 2009!
It’s only handful of days since last release, but I decided to release the v1.12 so soon as the v1.11 contained few bugs that were blocking few critical features, like adding a new waypoint and changing display settings.
You can download the new release from here or here. New version also contains a new languages, French and Dutch. You can now also change the language if you want to use other then phone default language. Thanks for the contributions and test reports reported on Google Groups discussions.